During the past year, Adventures in Erylia made the decision to change our media hosting platform from Podbean over to Redcircle. Unfortunately, this created a bit of a problem for posting our episodes on our website. Podbean and Redcircle use different types of embed codes, which are how we have a media player for our episodes linked in the episode post. We have been with Squarespace since early 2018 and could have upgraded our plan and kept our website there, but I wanted to make some other changes to the website that were difficult to make in the more rigid building style of that platform. so I started to look into other platforms. I had heard of Webflow through an ad on MKBHD's WVFRM podcast and when checking it out I was interested in the mix of no code with powerful settings and how accessible their custom code is. If you've got any feedback or suggestions for the new website, do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At this point, the site is pretty much up to date with where things were on our last site, but there may be some things that have fallen through the cracks. If you run into an issue, I am most responsive over on Discord.
Some cool new things have been added with our new website. Our featured artists page now randomly cycles through the art that we have commissioned from each artist instead of having to show them all individually. Along with that, in the case of Daniel Lee's work with The Dragonbonds, we are able to just cycle through the different forms of an individual Dragonbond instead of columns that show each version. I am also super happy that our Recommended Podcasts page now shuffles on its own at least once per day. It always felt like playing favorites when I would shuffle the list around and now it's just properly randomized for me!
I'm going to update this announcement post over the next month as things are filled in and any cool changes happen to be made.
Update 1/14/23 - I have gotten all of the first arc of the Erylian Epic posted to the podcasts blog. Thankfully I started using our current format for show notes fairly early on so it was mostly a matter of copying and pasting the information over. That particular bit of work too about 30 minutes, so roughly 2 minutes per episode.
Update 1/15/23 - I have gone back and added in the data and tags for the blog posts and episode posts so that a short description and an image will show up when the site is shared in discord and social media. I have also finished adding in the second and third arcs of the Erylian Epic as well as the associated Nightwatch episodes. This means that all released episodes of our main show are on the website. The Mieveht Story will come later, I need to reupload all of those files to their own feed on our new media host, Red Circle.
Update 1/20/23 - I have added the ability to comment and add reactions on blog and episode posts with Disqus integration! I have also added episode counts to the tabbed section on the home page that shows the most recent episode and blog posts. After some feedback, I have also rearranged the way those tabbed sections are displayed. They are now stacked vertically and centered to better match the rest of the website. Right now, the background is spanning the entire page width but I am looking into fixing that so it is the same size as the background used on the other areas of the website.
Update 1/21/23 - Fixed the things I broke while adjusting the layout for the tab area last night.